Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lacie p9220 usb external drive (how to format)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

hi to all,

i have bought a lacie p9220 500 gb usb external hard drive and i have noticed that it need some software from lacie's site prior format !

i do not want to installed any software nor to registered or create of any account with lacie 

simply i want to format my drive and use it only for backups and nothing more

also, the usb port does not seems to last for long time !

i have bad experience just a year ago with a verbatim usb external drive when the usb port broken

unfortunately no warranty cover the damage

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hi .. what version of windows are you using ...

The Lacie site is very helpful and from reading through this procedure I don't see anywhere where it says you need to get the disk mgr software unless your computer does not recognize the drive.  In which case.  You HAVE to get the drivers to ' see ' the drive.

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

good afternoon dear YeahBleeping,

i thank you very much for your kind reply and sorry for the delay in reply back

my os is windows xp sp3 x32 bits

it is really strange the drive not to be recognized under windows as a "usb exteral device" 

i will try to follow your suggestion by visit lacie's site

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users