Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The graphics driver could not find compatible hardware.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oboel

oboel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hi, these are the specs of my Toshiba laptop.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20GHz
RAM 4,00GB
Optical Drives:
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20F ATA Device

Several days ago, I installed the latest driver version for my graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 230M), and when doing so I uninstalled the previous version. The latest driver started giving me lots of problems so in a blinding rage moment I uninstalled the latest driver as well, which reset the screen resolution to 800x600. The Display Manager does not show the Display Devices category anymore.

I downloaded several older Nvidia drivers, but none of them worked and prompted instead the following message "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." Needless to say, I cannot roll back to the previous driver since I selected the unistall option when installing the latest driver.

Please tell me there is a procedure to get my literally everything back to working conditions.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

Has one tried scanning for hardware changes within Device Manger?

Sounds as if one uninstalled a critical chipset driver while fiddlin'?

What is the model of the laptop?

Thanks

Edited by bludgard, 18 January 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#3 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

So the drivers that where previously working can't be used anymore? What do you see in the device manager?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users