Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to remove Windows Backup settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krypt_o

krypt_o

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

I'm unable to remove the Windows Backup settings.

I want to delete the current settings and notifications about backing up the computer. I don't plan on backing up anything on this computer. It's currently set to the DVD drive.

Nothing is working with anything through the Control Panel. I'm guessing I need to get into the Registry and change/delete some values.

Does anyone have any information on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hello there,

Before you proceed I would be very careful when deleting registry keys. You might be better off getting some advice first from approved forum members here who are trained on how to deal with such problems. 

Hope this helps! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users