Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding another fanS (Need your help guys!)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoshT89

JoshT89

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

Hi guys. 

Need your help again! so, found out that I only have 1 fan on the case, one front intake fan (F**** me :smash: ) that explains A LOT of the over heating, so, i'm going to get some fans, now i did some research, saw that one 120mm intake front fan and a exhaust 80mm rear fan is a great "team", BUT maybe i might as well get a few more just to keep things cooooooool. (I'm not 12, i'm 19 but yes i type as if i was talking).

The case I have, the K380 Mid tower by cooler master (The one I can hardly find anyone with online) has:

1 front 120mm fan (Intake) 

1 Rear 80/90/120mm fan slot (Gonna use for exaust)

1 Side 120mm fan slot (Might use for intake but its pretty close to the GPU)

and one awkward bottom 120mm fan slot that sucks for me cuz when i picked up my case once to move it around i looked under and that slot WITHOUT a fan was full of dust (Yes, my bedroom has a hugeeee dust problem)

There might be a possibility of instead of the bottom somehow using the top holes as screw holes and get a 120mm fan there to compensate for the 120mm side fan, you guys give your opinions!

459x459px-LL-4e8a494d_B__MG_8156.jpg.jpe

As you can see in the image is that a pretty good airflow? I'd only have 1 top fan and the side fan would be blowing directly onto the GPU...

So, my computer buddies, what are your thoughts (On where i should place fans, one front and rear, or and side and bottom, or even side and front and rear?). I'll include some photos so you get an idea of my case and spacing.

BTW do i need an antistatic bracelet if i'm going to install the fans? 

Update: Just been reading the motherboard schematics, and actually I only have space for 2 more fans...and then i have a open CPUFAN2 slot but guess thats used for the CPU ONLY. so yeah i'll be adding  one for rear and you guys choose where i put the last fan, top bottom or side blowing on GPU and if its intake or exhaust.

Oh and also if you want to advise the sizes of the fans to add too, a 80mm rear fan might not be enough if i have to intake fans.

Best Regards
Josh

P.s: Need some help cuz i cant add my own photos....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

What motherboard do you have.  If you have a few fan headers on the mainboard you can use them to adjust the speed of the fans for a balance of cool/quiet.

120mm fans are normally quieter

I only buy Noctua fans.. expensive but quiet and reliable.

Anti static bracelets are cool and all but..... good practice is just reaching in and touching the PSU before putting your hands inside your case to do anything.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 15 January 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#3 JoshT89

JoshT89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

What motherboard do you have.  If you have a few fan headers on the mainboard you can use them to adjust the speed of the fans for a balance of cool/quiet.

Anti static bracelets are cool and all but..... good practice is just reaching in and touching the PSU before putting your hands inside your case to do anything.

First of all thanks for the super fast reply, the motherboard i have is the msi Z87-G45 Gaming one.

I know it being really picky and pretty stupid going for a fan for looks but does Noctua do fans with Red LEDs? (cuz im kinda going for a all red LED setup for my pc, one fan is already red and my mouse and keyboard are red lit.

#4 JoshT89

JoshT89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

For those that want some more diagrams of air flows here I found some for you to think about it.

Air-flow.png

scenario7b1kc.jpg

#5 JoshT89

JoshT89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Actually forget what i said just ebayed it yeah i've seen those fans on linustechtips and yeah he does say they are the ones to get.

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Yeah ,.. sorry I dont think Noctua does the ' bling ' factor when it comes to their fans.  They do the works for a long time and is very quiet factor. LOL

Looks like there are 3 fan headers with a 4th if you want to use the CPU2 header.  So technically you can control up to 4 fans with that board.

Nice board bet the sound is pretty kickin

Edited by YeahBleeping, 15 January 2015 - 11:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users