Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing drivers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jimnkaran

jimnkaran

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

My computer crashed so I got out an older one that I had with no harddrive, put in a hard drive and installed XP. Everything went fine except I have 3 items that say there is no driver available. Where can I find drivers, I have searched the internet for them but nothing seems to work. The ones with the yellow question marks next to them are, Ethernet Controller, SM Bus Controller and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller. The computer is a Gateway Profile 4 all in one. Appreciate any help. I did find one other post telling about the Ethernet Controller but the link they had for the fix will not run, when I try to run it a screen comes up that says, "THE PROCEDURE ENTRY POINT ENCODEPOINTER COULD NOT BE LOCATED IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY KERNEL 32.DLL. The name of the download was pro2k3xp_32

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

What XP Service Pack are you running?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 jimnkaran

jimnkaran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

I just downloaded the new XP and the computer just says Microsoft windows xp, Home edition, Version 2002 Doesn't say anything about a service pack

#4 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

This should help-http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/gateway/laptops-desktops/profile-4/82943
Select-
1 Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
2 Intel® 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller - 24C3
3 Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Bote that these 3 drivers have to separately be installed. Tell me if this worked for you.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Deleted

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 January 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#6 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

First of all upgrade to XP SP3. But you have to upgrade to SP2 in order to upgrade to SP3.
Here's the SP2 link-
http://windows-xp-service-pack-2.soft32.com
Here's the SP3 link-http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3.html

#7 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

I just downloaded the new XP and the computer just says Microsoft windows xp, Home edition, Version 2002 Doesn't say anything about a service pack

To find the service pack model go to control panel and select Performance and Meintenance. Then check through all tabs till you find something that says about computer. Click that then it will list you all your specs including the service pack model number.
Also if you used the 2002 disk to install XP then it came with service pack 1.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

System Specs

Louis

#9 jimnkaran

jimnkaran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

This should help-http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/gateway/laptops-desktops/profile-4/82943
Select-
1 Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
2 Intel® 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller - 24C3
3 Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Bote that these 3 drivers have to separately be installed. Tell me if this worked for you.

I tried this site but it is did not help. No matter which driver you pick to install it only installs a program called driver tool kit on the computer, then it wants to connect to the internet to look for drivers. I do not have internet capabilities on the computer I am trying to fix as it is only used to run my plotter programs and I do not need the internet on it. I did install the service packs number 2 and 3 on it and that took care of 2 of the problems, the only one left is the ethernet controller. Don't know that I need it anyway but tried the above site with no luck. The site above list all of the drivers but no matter which one you pick it only downloads the driver tool kit program, afraid it is a scam trying to get into the computer.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

Right click the Ethernet adapter under Network Adapters in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line in your next post.

#11 jimnkaran

jimnkaran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Right click the Ethernet adapter under Network Adapters in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line in your next poST

PCI\WEN_8086&DEV_1039&SUBSYS_1049107B&REV_81

#12 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Download the network driver from Intel here: Intel Network Drivers Windows XP Final Release

#13 jimnkaran

jimnkaran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thanks to everyone for the help, all of the question marks are now gone. I appreciate everyone helping me with this, good to find a place that really helps and doesn't pretend to help and then put a virus or something on the computer. When I was looking for drivers most all of the sites I went to wanted to have access to my computer to supposedly help me.

#14 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

Glad to hear your driver installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users