Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor shuts off after displaying "out of range"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beardykyle

Beardykyle

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

this happened for the first time today. Tried taking out and putting back in my memory and graphics cards and after a few restarts it comes on again. I also ran an update for my graphics drivers as soon as it did. 

Now it comes on, but after awhile my system randomly shuts off and restarts without any errors or "out of range" prompts. No idea what could be wrong. 

Edited by hamluis, 06 February 2015 - 12:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Google Info

Louis

#3 Beardykyle

Beardykyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

followed those instructions but the problem still persists. In fact it's worse now.  Booting windows (if successful and it doesn't auto restart) leaves me getting a graphics driver error saying i need to re-install drivers.. when I try to run the setup however I'm getting an auto reboot. Tried in Safe mode but the setup fails almost instantly with a "driver detection failed" error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users