Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Block email from even entering account

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

Split topic from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563125/closed-my-old-email-account-would-happens-when-emails-get-sent-to-this-address/

Take this a little further:  How can we make a message from any given sender to NOT be received in an account that you still want to keep?  Meaning, how to block any or all or specific senders so that your account does not put into SPAM/JUNK, nor into Trash/Delete, but BLOCKED so that sender's message cannot get into your email account?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

What are you using for email access? Email client? If so, which one?

Web based mail access? If this one, ISP mail, gmail, yahoo, etc?

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Nearly always, webmail.  They are AOL, GMail, Yahoo!  I have only tried Thunderbird Client to try to learn Thunderbird, but find that directly using webmail is simpler.

(Possible different topic, settingup an account into Thunderbird puts extra folders into the email account in the site's webspace for the account as well as in the profile in Thunderbird).

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

You can use the built-in spam filters offered by the various web-based email providers, but it won't block the email from even reaching your account -- it will only move it to the spam or trash folders.

To totally block any spam, you would need to use a third party spam filter and route all incoming email through it. I'm not aware of any tools like that which will work with AOL or Yahoo, or GMail. Aside from that, I don't know of any that are free, either.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Gmail filter will allow you to set up a filter to delete mail so it never shows up in your mail.

If you want to know how to get to filters in Gmail, let me know and I will provide the information.

In Yahoo, there are 2 options:
1) Create a filter. The only options for a filter is Move to folder (Inbox, Trash, Spam, New Folder which you create)

2) Block address. This option will delete the mail before it makes its way to your inbox. It will only work for addresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users