Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drivers from website aren't working?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

I just downgraded from win 8 to win 7 on my personal computer. I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturers website as I've done before, but the AMD chipset and the realtek HD audio drivers wont unzip because they're corrupted? Dunno. Tried it several times...so looking at my options...
1. Is it possible that my graphics driver (which worked) also contained my chipset drivers?
2. Can I rely on the cd that came with my computer for the old (2 yrs old) drivers
3. Can I go into my old win 8 hard drive and some how grab the drivers from there?
Do I have any other options?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

What is the make and model of the computer or the make and model of the motherboard.

In Device Manager, if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to a device, right click the device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line for each device in our next post.

#3 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

There are no yellow exclamation marks in the Device manager... does that mean i'm ok?

• Windows 7
  • AMD FX-6100
  • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
  • 16 Gbs Dual Channel DDR3
  • 2048 ATI AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • RAIDMAX HYBRID2 RX-73OSS 73Ow

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

If there are no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager then you do not need any drivers. Is the computer running okay?

#5 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

yeah actually.. its all good right now... i can edit videos, and play games... so ... sureeee... ty btw.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

Great. As far as drivers go, my moto is if it aint broke don't fix it. The only driver I would consider updating would be the graphics driver if there were any improvments for any games I had. Other than that, leave the drivers alone if you do not have a problem.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

You can update your AMD chipset drivers from AMD's site.  When you go to update the GPU drivers, there is a tab for optional downloads which may include chipset drivers.  The Realtek drivers should come from your manufacturer or Realtek, but audio drivers rarely change.

3939.png

#8 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

dude this really helped thank you! that, and i also just went back to the manufacurers website and the drivers actually worked this time... so whatevs. thanks.

#9 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Actually.... I take it back... That gave me a bsod....i just reinstalled the amd drivers from the website and now none of my USB ports work;doing this from my phone... Help?

#10 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Can you get into the BIOS and use your USB devices there?  Have you tried changing USB ports?  Some USB drivers come from the motherboard manufacturer.  AMD 900 series chipsets do not have USB 3.0 built-in so they sometimes require specific USB 3.0 drivers.  Yours does require a separate USB driver to be installed.

3939.png

#11 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

okay, long story short, i got my hands on a legacy keyboard, used that to log on, started up teamviewer and used the mouse from there. after trying restore points that didnt work, backups and reinstalling all the drivers again to no avail, i settled with an in place upgrade of win 7 and that did the trick. thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users