Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terdir infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 syco26

syco26

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Hello all, new here and need some help please. My system is as follows.

Windows 7
Intel core i5
2.66GHz
IE 11.0.15

I have a bad infection that keeps directing my browsing to terdir.com. When ever I load a page and click any link or click anywhere on the page I get a pop up that redirects me. If I close it IE crashes. Since having this infection my PC and Internet speeds are ridiculously slow.

I have run scans with the following program's but the problem still persists.

I have tried these run as normal and as administrator, Ad-Aware, spybot search and destroy and Malwarebytes.

I then tried the following all in safe mode but still no luck, FixNCR.reg, RKill, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, ComboFix and Avast. Not sure if all worked properly as some of them finished very quickly. On another note while running the ComboFix my ad-aware kept restarting even though I turned off active watch, I had to continually close it every couple of minutes while the scan was in process.

Sorry I have no log files to post from any of the scans as I am posting on my phone because my browser won't allow me to post because of the terdir redirect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by syco26, 15 January 2015 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Have you tried AdwCleaner?

Edited by Phantom010, 15 January 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#3 syco26

syco26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

No I haven't. I will download it and give it a try. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users