Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Freeze And Slow Start-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Homesar

Homesar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition, now that we all know that, I will start. I'll be on aim, itunes, internet, playing a game, or doing nothing at all, and my computer will freeze or restart. When i manually restart after the freeze, or after it restarts itself, when your at the load up menu for it to begin, it should take 3-10 seconds to load up and start. If I'am lucky it will do that, mine will start up after 45 seconds to 10 minutes sometimes. It will also freeze randomly, no given time or certain amount of hours it will happen. How do I fix a problem like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

Your problem could be caused by many things, not the least of which is insufficent RAM. You may wish, however, to review the Slow Computer Troubleshooting Checklist; the steps listed may resolve the problem if it is not hardware-related:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/

If you have already taken these steps, then it would be important for members to know how much RAM and free disk space you have on your computer, as well as if this problem just began recently, especially if you noticed this problem after installing an application or doing something major with your computer.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users