I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle, with myriad seemingly unrelated, yet overtly obstructive issues. I think I'm dealing with multiple viruses.
I am running Windows 7.
The primary and most noticeable problem is my inability to finish downloads. No web browsers seem able to finish almost any downloads, with the progress bar getting stuck at different points or finishing the download in a corrupted state.
There are certain exceptions. I thought it was related to file size, but the files I've managed to download through Firefox have been 20 megabytes, yet I've also been unable to download files much smaller.
Torrents are mostly functional, yet attempts to download anti-malware related files in this manner have failed.
Skype file transfer has consistently come through (that's how I got my hands on ComboFix after torrents failed).
Further needless elaboration 1:
Flash player is also able to inconsistently download certain files. Certain files are blocked altogether and some come through unscathed.
At first I thought this whole thing was just a flash player issue, so my first measure was to try and reinstall flash player. As flash player was unable to download, I realized it was an issue relating to all downloads. I then downloaded and installed (somehow) Chrome because it comes with Flash player preinstalled. Thus I have been able to test flash player's ability to download files.
My USB ports, particularly my mouse and keyboard, are sometimes messed with, seemingly at random. The random timing makes me suspect remote human interference.
It is most often my mouse that stops working for several seconds, before the "Hardware found" sound plays and functionality resumes. The first time this happened, both my mouse and keyboard stopped working altogether and I had to restart my computer to regain them.
A minor one, but the timing of the appearance of the issues coincide.
My Steam overlay refuses to work in 90% of my Steam games. I don't see any consistency.
The Steam overlay is enabled in the options, yet it refuses to appear in game. The game itself informs me that this is in fact the case when I try to use overlay related functions ("Please enable your Steam overlay")
Virus scans are picking up nothing. ComboFix seemed to do something, but it hasn't fixed the main issues. I will happily elaborate further and provide logs should they be needed! Thank you for your overall stellar work in this forum! I am not a native English speaker, so please excuse my English and any mistakes I have made!