Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen after boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ezpensuper

ezpensuper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hello guys,

So i tried to fix my kind of freezing/laggy windows explorer (aka explorer.exe), the folders were freezing, then being able to be used after about 15-20 seconds, this annoyed me so I googled a couple of solutions. I found a solution where I had to go to options on my C: drive, and then search for errors. I did this, and it lead to a pop-up where it said I had to restart the computer; so I thought, sure, why not?

After the reboot, I got my asus (motherboard options with BIOS etc) options up, followed by a screen of all items connected to the computer, for example keyboard, mouse and monitor. After this I got a totally black screen, except from 4 lines on the top of my screen (which seems like the standard for my SSD drive; 840 EVO samsung SSD), and a whole lot of pixels of colors. I will try to upload a photo of it if anyone wants to see how it looks like.

I have no idea how to fix this, I´m definitely not the best at computers, but I know some standard things.

I´m going to try with my non-SSD hard drive and see if that does anything different, followed by a startup with my windows 7 CD inside the computer. I just want to put this out on the internet while I try solving it on my own.

Thanks in advance for all help that´s given,

Ezpensuper 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ezpensuper

ezpensuper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Alright guys, after trying my other hard drive (remembering now, why I changed (I got bluescreens on it)), I found out that it could not have been anything other than the SSD drive it self or my windows, currently installing a new windows on the SSD drive, which seems to run. I´m not going to delete the topic, as it might help people with the same issue.

Edited by ezpensuper, 14 January 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Let us know if any bumps appear in the road.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users