Jump to content
Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:36 PM
Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:13 PM
Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:24 PM
Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:28 PM
Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:51 PM
Edited by DeniseB, 22 June 2006 - 05:53 PM.
Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:53 PM
Method 2: Re-register Windows Installer
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Note: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
To re-register Windows Installer, follow these steps.
Note If you cannot complete the following steps, go to method 3.
1. Click Start, and then click Search.
2. Click All files and folders.
3. In the File name box, type Msiexec.exe, and then click Search.
4. After the search is complete, make a note of the location of the Msiexec.exe file. The location of the file should be similar to the following example:
5. On the File menu, click Close to close the Search dialog box.
6. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
7. Locate and then click the following registry key:
8. In the right pane of the Registry Editor window, double-click ImagePath.
9. In the Edit String dialog box that appears, make sure that the string in the Value data box contains the correct path for the Msiexec.exe file that you determined in step 4.
Note: The following is an example of the correct path, where drive is the drive where Windows is installed:
drive :\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /V
If the Value data box does not contain the correct path, make changes to correct the path, and then click OK to close the Edit String dialog box.
10. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
11. Start your computer in Safe mode, and then register the Msiexec.exe file. To do this, follow these steps:
-a. Shut down your computer, and then restart your computer.
-b. Restart your computer and press the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, press the F8 key when you see the Boot menu.
-c. Use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
-d. If the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.
-e. Log on to the computer.
-f. Click Start, click Run, type msiexec /regserver in the Open box, and then click OK.
12. Shut down your computer, and then restart your computer normally.
Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:09 AM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:38 AM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:16 AM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:25 PM
Edited by .Prodigy., 23 June 2006 - 12:27 PM.
Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:50 PM
Edited by DeniseB, 23 June 2006 - 12:58 PM.
Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:33 PM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:55 PM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:19 PM
Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:41 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users