Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello, advice on fresh start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lshanks07

lshanks07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Hello, 

I am looking to start fresh in the computer science field..... 

I would like any advice you guys could give regarding the best way to break into this field.   what languages or avenues are the latest and best thing to learn.

What certifications (if any) do you guys in the field deem important or unimportant?  I currently have a business degree.... and restaurant management skills.

Is there a need for me to go back to school?  Are online courses from places like Code academy enough?

What language(s) would you recommend?  I want to do this right but with efficiency and I am hoping some of you will part with some helpful pitfalls or emerging tech etch...

I enjoy website building....  gaming, apps etc.  

Thank you in advance for your time,

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 January 2015 - 12:38 AM.
moved from Programming to General Chat, where more people will see it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fbe34

fbe34

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

Hello, 

I am looking to start fresh in the computer science field..... 

I would like any advice you guys could give regarding the best way to break into this field.   what languages or avenues are the latest and best thing to learn.

What certifications (if any) do you guys in the field deem important or unimportant?  I currently have a business degree.... and restaurant management skills.

Is there a need for me to go back to school?  Are online courses from places like Code academy enough?

What language(s) would you recommend?  I want to do this right but with efficiency and I am hoping some of you will part with some helpful pitfalls or emerging tech etch...

I enjoy website building....  gaming, apps etc.  

Thank you in advance for your time,

Hi, code academy is a good place to start out. There isn't a "need" to go back to school to learn a programming language but I would recommend it if you can do it. Python is a recommended language to beginners and many universities are implementing it. I suggest just to pick a language and stick to it. I personally don't feel the language you pick is as important as just picking one and start to code!

microsoft virtual academy is a  nice site to check out.

tutorials point has many languages you can look through, as well

Good luck!

Edited by fbe34, 17 January 2015 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users