Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I misspelled it so badly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

have you ever misspelled a word so bad that your word processor cannot even correct you? Whether it's a "no spelling suggestions" or none of the words listed are the word you meant, does this ever happen to you? Can a Google search correct you as it seems to be the most effective spell checker I've seen. Has Google ever failed at correcting your spelling?

I'd like to hear your stories

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

No :hysterical:

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

More common is you mis-spell a word such that it is infact another word, these are sometimes referred to as "nuclear errors" from how easily "nuclear" and "unclear" can be accidentally typed in each other's place. These type of errors often slip through because unless carefully proofread then no-one would notice these in a document as there is no underlining to draw their eye to the error.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

I'd like to hear your stories

I can't recall any particular instances, but yes I've mispelled stuff to the point that my word processor thinks I'm making things up. I agree in regards to Google. It really is the best spelling and grammar checker.

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,708 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Eye Hafe newerr micespilt a woerd in my lifee

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:14 PM