Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screenconnect Remote Support/Meeting Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ChrisCamp

ChrisCamp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

My company has been using Gotoassist for remote support for several years now, and recently decided to explore competitive offerings.  An exhaustive search led us to ScreenConnect.  ScreenConnect has several features I believe sets it apart from others.  First, it is self-hosted.  For some, this may not be a benefit as it may require some technical knowledge to get up and running depending on your configuration.   We are a fan of self-hosted apps as it gives us the control over configuration, customization, and updates.  The next thing that sets ScreenConnect apart is the customization.  Virtually anything you can think of is customizable (Logo, Heading, background, wording throughout the website, etc.)  The product even has an option that is optimized for use in an iframe on your existing website.  On the client side, the tray icon and executable name can even be customized.  If you are looking for a product that can be customized to look as if it were your own, this is it. I am also very impressed with the product support.  I have yet to call support, but the documentation available is excellent, and easy to use.  I had no problem configuring a custom host name, installing an SSL certificate, setting up new roles/users, or segmenting the hosting areas to allow technicians to only see their initiated sessions.  When in session, I have found the toolbox and annotation tools extremely helpful and the docking option puts them at my fingertips when I need them.  The last thing that I believe sets ScreenConnect apart is their licensing model.  I’m not a fan of subscription based licensing and believe ScreenConnect has a solution that is fair and avoids a never ending expense stream.  This is a very big deal for our medium sized business and was a major factor in our selecting ScreenConnect.  I believe ScreenConnect is a fit for nearly any company. (Big or small) If you are looking for a full featured remote support/meeting software, you owe it to yourself to at least setup the trial and compare it to other offerings.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users