Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to post my problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charjames

charjames

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

My wife was instructed to use combofix by another person not of this forum or from BleepingComputer.com.  So she skims over the instructions and ignores the statement  Not To Run Combofixit without supervised help or asked to do so.. SO now we have a log as a result form her running the combo fix it.  What should be done now?  She was trying to get rid of a malware genius box, which she did from Autorun.  So why she came to combofix I don't know Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

I can ask a Moderator to move this to Malware Removal Logs - it is where you need to go.

Edited by Alexstrasza, 14 January 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Topic doesn't need to be moved.

You should post a new topic, along with the ComboFix log, following the instructions in the Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  The new topic should be posted in the same forum containing the Prep Guide.  The personnel in that forum will assist you.

Once your new topic is posted in the proper forum...this topic will be closed.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2015 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users