Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

macnook pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

gi i have a macbook pro,keep gettin pop ups etc how do i clean this as i cant use same utilites as windows like malwarebytes etc,is there any macbook cleaners

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

It might not be anything to clean. It could just be run of the mill pop-ups from websites. What makes you think there is something to clean?

Are you using Safari? If so, then you might check the list of installed Extensions under Safari's preferences. If there is one that you don't recall installing, then you can try removing it and seeing if that kills the pop-ups.

#3 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Please Download EtreCheck this Tool will generate a Log file. 

1. Unpack EtreCheck and move it to Programs Folder or any place you want.

2. Start the Application

3. A Window show you to describe Details about your problem. You don't need to write down anything click only on the Scan Button.

4. After done, click on the Button Copy Report to Clipboard

5. Paste the Content with Command-V here in this thread.

-dante

#4 masking_agent

masking_agent

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

I usually unhide my /Library and backup my /Users folders, and then wipe and re-install

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users