Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to program the Windows logo key in Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pachangazz

pachangazz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can go in windows to program the Windows Logo key in Windows 8.1.  I accidentally clicked on the Mail app to open when the Windows Logo key is pressed and I would like to change that.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I tried searching the web for the answer and nothing of value came up...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I had not thought much about this until you posted the question. So I Googled Change Windows Logo in Windows 8

Set A Custom Boot Logo For Windows 8 Or 8.1 Program link and description details.
Using 8oot Logo Changer to change the boot screen is extremely easily, but downloading and installing it on your computer is where you need to pay attention, because its setup file comes packaged with a ton of unwanted software. Yes it is called 8oot Logo Changer, (not Boot) as it is designed for Windows 8 / 8.1
There are a few helpful guides in the topic to show you ways around  this ........ Please carefully read all details.

Product link is at the bottom (the rest is advertising) Download 8oot Logo Changer

Totally UNTESTED program (by me), so I can not guarantee it in any way. Give us some feedback on it (good or bad) if you use it.

Hope this helps a bit -

#3 pachangazz

pachangazz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

Thanks noknojon for the quick reply to my post.  Unfortunately this is not related to my problem.  When I was in windows the OS asked me what program I wanted the Windows Logo Key on the keyboard to open.  The mail app was one of four options listed in the dialogue box to select.  I wanted to program the button to open the start menu but accidentally selected the mail app.  Windows itself, not a third party app,  was asking me to select one of the options.  I just need to find in Windows 8.1 where I can change the option to something else than the mail app.  Once again, thanks for the response though...

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

No Problems -

It seems that I just misread your problem a bit (since I do not use Windows mail as a program ..........

This may help another person .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users