Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange browsing issue on Verizon LTE service... (DNS?)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ja3hawk

ja3hawk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

We just moved out to the middle of no where... lol. My best solution for internet is a Cradlepoint router with a Verizon 4G LTE enabled sim card installed. I have this at my house. Performance is solid.

Here is where my issue comes into play.

I have 2 phones (Android) and a couple of laptops (Win 7) that connect to the Cradlepoint router for internet access.

Both windows 7 laptops can browse to www.google.com without any problems.

Both android devices cannot connect to www.google.com. The built in Chrome browser just sits there. I can load every other webpage I tested on our smart phones. Its a really weird issue. The minute I disconnect from the Cradlepoint wifi router and go back to the builtin 4G on my phone, Google works...

Screams DNS but then why can my laptops access google.com...

So what is Google/verizon/android chrome browser doing?

Other notes:

I can ping google.com from my Android device using Fing Network Tools App. I get good responses.

I can get the google website to load on my android phone by browsing directly to Google's IP.

Any ideas?

Oh one more thing... if I load install the Firefox mobile app on my phone I can browse to www.google.com. I can work around this issue but it seems a little ridiculous. Besides it breaks some other built in communication with google on my Smart phone, like connecting to the App Store.

Edited by ja3hawk, 13 January 2015 - 05:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users