Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC START UP ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aka rotten

aka rotten

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

If not in right area please move.I have an old HP pavilion with windows 7 that I mainly use as just an extra unit because its small to thro in truck in bad weather or whatever. Started it up last week to do updates on it ,worked fine, in fact used it for several  hours. Turned on few days later and no start condition exists now. PC is pavilion entertainment all I see on it. Little light above scroll key flashes along with light next to capital button. Also little power light comes on and light on volume slide. Will not shut down unless I  remove battery either. Hate just to chunk it as its so small. Any thing you suggest to try or is it time to get another, Thanks!

Edited by aka rotten, 13 January 2015 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Try removing the battery then hold the start button down for about 30 seconds, it may or may not help but always worth a try on LT's.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Try removing the battery then hold the start button down for about 30 seconds, it may or may not help but always worth a try on LT's.

Thanks for reply,I tryed that after I read your suggestion but no luck.i,ll wait before I chunk it a bit and see if any other ideas.Thanks again,Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users