Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to obtain 1600x900 on a Dell s2009wb monitor?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

I have a Dell s2009wb monitor in which the native or recommended (optimal) resolution is 1600x900. I use win7.my video is ati radeon xpress 200. was nearly impossible to find a driver as many websites said that it is not win7 compliant. I found and used this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454745/disply-driver-issue/

still no 1600x900, only 1600x1200

I then downloaded this as my monitor says generic non-pnp monitor

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=1NJCV

nope.avi still no 1600x900, only 1600x1200 with 1280x1024 the option below it

any suggestions?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

The problem is definitely with your Radeon video and its drivers or lack of them. No guarantees it will work, but you could try this solution from Tom's hardware -

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/29758-63-radeon-xpress-series-driver-windows

Chris Cosgrove

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

This did not work for you?

#4 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

This did not work for you?

nope. website not functioning

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Update Catalog
To use this Web site's full functionality, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads Website.
If you prefer to use a different Web browser, you can get updates from the Microsoft Download Center.

The problem is definitely with your Radeon video and its drivers or lack of them. No guarantees it will work, but you could try this solution from Tom's hardware -

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/29758-63-radeon-xpress-series-driver-windows

Chris Cosgrove

doing this just gives a generic vga driver and 640x480 resolution only.

edit: it actually installed a driver unlike previous attempts but I don't have 1600x900 still. only 1600x1200

any other suggestions?

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 14 January 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

I found the suggestion I made earlier by googling 'ati radeon xpress 200'.

While it might be worth your while searching for other possible solutions it looks like your present video driving set-up will only support 4:3 screen formats instead of the 16:9 format you want.

You have not given any details on your computer except that it will run Win 7 and, by implication, is fairly old and probably a desktop. If you have room in the case why don't you consider buying and fitting a separate video card ?  You do not need to spend huge amounts of money on this, my local friendly components store has video cards starting at £UK 27, and any modern card will support 16:9 displays and run on Win 7.

One other possibility, you don't say if you have tried it or not. RIGHT click on any empty piece of screen, then click 'Screen resolution', then 'Detect' and see if it detects your wide angle display as wide angle.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users