Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need advise on guarding processes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 outlawstar15a2

outlawstar15a2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

First of all my name is Joseph and I want to wish everyone a belated Happy New Year and I've been coming to this website for a while... Probably a couple of years and this is my first post on the forums. xD I need some advise... I purchased AppGuard recently but I really don't think it's effective. It certainly doesn't do what I need it to do at least not effectively. I need a program that can effectively prevent Process A from modifying, injecting code into, or terminating Process B. As I stated before I tried AppGuard but when it tried to stop the delinquent process it violently shut down AppGuard and then forced me into a situation where I had to restart to get Explorer.exe and Task Manager back. I need a program that can manage interaction between processes running in memory but all the ones I viewed only let you define rules for .exe and the process is question is not a .exe program. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and that to has been a program as there are few written for 64 bit systems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Your request appears to be a behavior blocker.

From what I know, most behavior blockers are now integrated into antivirus software... there aren't any standalone behavior blockers any more.

If you wish to use an AV with a behavior blocker, my choice is Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) includes a real-time Protection Module that uses advanced heuristics scanning technology to monitor your system and prevent the installation of most new malware, stopping malware distribution at the source. This technology dynamically blocks malware sites & servers, prevents the execution of malware, proactively monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer.

Behavior-based analysis monitors the behaviors of a program by inspecting what it does in order to determine whether it is malicious or not.Behavior Blocking Software:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users