Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP machine with a Vista upgrade disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pops1

pops1

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

I purchased this computer just before Vista was available but also bought it with a Vista upgrade disk whic was sent to me when it was available.  After seeing the problems with Vista I did not install it for several years.  When support for XP was stopped I installed it and it worked fine.  My son had the machine and was having some problems with it.  I went out and cleaned it for him.  There was quite a few Windows updates that he had not run, so I proceeded to install them.  After installation it started giving a me a compatability message for one of the drivers and disabeled it.  I need some help addressing this problem.

Dell E520 with XP originally

driver:  Sonic Solutions DLA

publisher - Sonic Solutions

updates causing problem - net framework 1.1 service pack security update

Windows Vista service pack 1 (KB936330)

These two updates will not install.

This is not the machine I am writing on now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

See this kb from Roxio. If you have any of the software mentioned, you need to apply a patch depending on which version of Vista you have 32bit or 64bit. If you used an upgrade disk then you most likely have Vista 32bit but you can check it. Right click Computer > Properties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users