Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prey..anyone Get The Demo?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

Anyone try the new prey demo yet? Looks interesting. Links below:

http://www.prey.com

Prey Demo

Readme File

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

Bummer, the server is swamped.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Modulus

Modulus

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

I'll be checking it out after work... Getting kind of sick of FPS's after years and years of Unreal, UT, UT2k3, UT2k4, F.E.A.R., HL, HL2, HL2:episode1, serious sam, serious sam 2, etc.... But I'll give it a shot... Graphics look sweet... Need to push my new rig anyway. :thumbsup:
I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants!

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

Its weird and takes a bit of getting used to just because none of the weapons are human (exept for a wrench..) and the entire environment isn't human and since you can change gravity and walk on walls and ceilings (on those white paths) it really messes with your sense of direction at times. Heh, I really think if you're using a controller, you're probably screwed for a while.

The graphics aren't that bad but its more of an environmental thing, the character models are a bit iffy (a bit plastic like and some parts of them suck, take a look at the grandfather's hands...)

I kind of wish they'd show more people screaming and dying (I'm not crazy, unless I am blood thirsty. . . heh....) because apart from some areas, you mostly see humans being carried around or just some guys in just underwear being killed by aliens are just sitting in a corner just babbling.

Also, the voice acting is a bit better than what I thought. Just listen to Tommy's comments in the trailer and then in the game and you'd be like "wow trailer, you decieved me..."

This portal idea is so crazy that it adds so much more to the environment, strafe through a portal for a pretty much seamless travel to a whole different area. . .

Word of warning though if you want to turn up the volume, there is much swearing. Its mostly from Tommy but there are a lot of 'F-bombs' dropped so children might not want to be around... but hell, its blood and gore anyway. I haven't tried yet it but there is a profanity toggle.

I think I might get this game when it comes out.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

I just played it myself. I am going to give it a try again tomorrow...but the physics take a lot to get used to.

Here is an image for those interested.

Attached Files

• Attached File  PREY.jpg   43.73KB   8 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users