Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is My Android Infected?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

Okay, so I have noticed lately that my battery has been draining qucker than normal. It would be on standby and just drain away. I also noticed lately that when I websurf sometimes, I get a pop-up message from the source: androidcleaner.co. It says something like my android device being infected. Please press okay to scan device. I figure it is a scam, so I don't hit okay. So, what is going on? Is there malware or and infection on it? How do I know? And if it is, how do I remove it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

You can download one of the free well known antivirus/antimalware applications from Google Play. Then run a scan. It's personal preference so up to you which one you select. Just look for one that fairly highly rated.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

I have avast! on there and have done a few scans, which have yielded no discoveries of any infections However, every couple times I access my browser, a message displaying the following message pops up over my lumen toolbar:

"phone is infected? remove virus now!"

I don't know what the message is about. Do I have something or is it the lumen bar trying to scam me?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

What you're describing sounds more like ad-ware when using your browser. Especially since you say you have avast and it's not finding anything. I would do a search for an adblocker thats compatible with your device and browser.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users