Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UK prime minister wants backdoors into messaging apps or he値l ban them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

David Cameron, the British Prime minister, is one-upping his Western allies when it comes to anti-encryption propaganda. Ahead of national elections in May, Cameron said that if re-elected, he would seek to ban encrypted online messaging apps unless the UK government is given backdoors.

"Are we going to allow a means of communications which it simply isn't possible to read?" Cameron said Monday while campaigning, in reference to apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, and other encrypted services. "My answer to that question is: 'No, we must not.'"

UK prime minister wants backdoors into messaging apps or he’ll ban them

Good luck with that Mr Prime minister.

Edited by NickAu, 12 January 2015 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

Spying on the UK population? Good game Mr. Prime Minister.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

Hey! The NSA is doing it, without remorse, so I guess it's OK...  :lol:  :P 

:nono:

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

But I thought that the UK security services had said that generally they were satisfied with access to the meta-data, which ISPs are required to keep.

I won't say any more on this subject, or I would have to move it to the Speakeasy !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users