Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb printer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 maeday6969

maeday6969

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hello,

Having trouble with a Canon ip3500. In devices and printers it is listed under "other devices". Device manager also has it under other devices and it has the yellow exclamation point. when  I update driver it searches online, finds one and begins to install and stops. Then there is a pix of a usb plug and it says usb print support. Whatever it is its a simple thing. thanks

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2015 - 01:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

I would remove (right click > uninstall) the printer from both the devices menu and the printers menu, disconnect the printer then re-install the manufacturer drivers from here. Make sure you install the drivers before re-connecting the printer or you will find yourself in the same situation again.

#3 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hello,

I did exactly as you said and still no printer. When I tried to install the canon driver there was an message that said a printer could not be found. Also, in devices and printers when I right clicked to uninstall there was no option to uninstall. there was troubleshoot and properties and one other. At one point a window opened with all the usb ports and talked about using a different port, .a high speed port. Any ideas?

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Between troubleshoot and properties is "remove device" on the right click menu... you will need to remove it before you can reinstall it.

#5 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I see create shortcut,troubleshoot, and properties.

#6 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

Hello?  The driver I downloaded from canon said it was an add-on and the printer driver needed to be updated through windows update first. I tried going through win update and there are no updates...I am lost...never had trouble hooking up a printer...any more suggestions?

#7 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

What OS are you using?  Are you sure there are no updates under ' optional updates '  It may not show any update because you don't currently have a driver installed.  Do you have the original disk for the printer?

#8 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

I am using win 7 ultimate 64 bit there are no updates and no i dont have the disk. Wondering if the cable could be the problem or the printer itself?

#9 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

HELLO??? So I tried connecting another printer and the same problems occurred. I am also having the same issue with my Dvd. The drivers are gone and windows does not recognize it so it won't find drivers. Do I need to reinstall windows? Any suggestions?

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Apologies for leaving you hanging... I'm very busy, I hoped someone else would assist you.

There may be some system corruption, please run

sfc /scannow

from an elevated command prompt, then re-attempt to install the devices.

#11 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

Hello, I went out of town so just now checking. No big deal I appreciate the help. I will try what you suggested. Thanks

#12 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

sfc  /scannow  found corrupted files but could not fix all of them. I tried the install again and same thing happens. Will reinstalling windows fix the corrupted files thereby fixing my problem?

#13 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

Well, re-installing Windows fixes everything. But I do think that is a bit extreme at this stage...

There may be some hard disk corruption preventing the file system repair performing, please run

chkdsk /r

then

sfc /scannow

from an elevated command prompt.

Did it work this time?

#14 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hi, no that did not work. The sfc scan still says some files could not be fixed. By hard disk corruption do you mean of the files? For now I am not going to put anymore time into this as we are thinking about a new computer anyway. This one is so old and it has issues. Thanks for your time and effort it is much appreciated. We can close this topic. :killcomp:  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users