Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Display this Video Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cactus John

Cactus John

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

I just received my HP Pc back from BB Geek Squad after having them replace the HDD due to failure under warranty.

I have a windows 7 disk, and i put it into the computer and start it up,  it gets to the point where you see the Windows logo and the green bar filling that it is starting windows.  THEN POW   I get an error that the monitor can not display the video mode:   this is all fine and dandy  except i do not have windows even install yet, so how is it outputting something too high for the monitor to handle?

I can not use safe mode or low resolution mode because i don't have a copy of windows yet on the PC, and i can not get to the screen to do any formatting or install because of this error.   The monitor works fine with my older XP machine, and works fine in BIOS and boot up, but will not show anything once windows "kicks in"

Any tips?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

It's possible the install disk has a video driver problem. Go here and download the version you have and burn the iso file.

If this is a desktop with a separate monitor try resetting the monitor using it's menu. Some monitors will reset when holding down the power button. Check your monitor manual.

#3 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

What is the make and model of your monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users