Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

datamngr - shall I remove it?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Lilavati

Lilavati

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

First I got problems with opening my emails gmx while using google chrome as a browser, but with firefox it is working. So I thought to update google chrome, maybe that would solve the problem. I don't even know if the update was successful, but since I did that, now wyUpdate is trying to automatically do updates on my computer. And I had not installed it. But my Antivirus program avast is blocking the process. Anyhow, maybe the updates are useful, as I have seen while searching in the internet, but I don't know how to get wyUpdate running properly because of this antivirus program. And also don't like it to be fully automatic, because sometimes the internet is slow, and I need to do some other work, and would not update programs at that time. 

Can someone please give me suggestions on how to solve that problem?

Mod Edit:  Merged two topics by OP - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 January 2015 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

You can add wyUpdate as an exception into Avast.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

Before letting it run you shoud probably check what wyUpdate is and what it is updating, it might be an updater for some bloatware you never use (in which case uninstall the bloatware), it might be a malicious process (in which case you need to work out what it is doing, what other damage it had done and then kill it) or it might be form a legitimate progam (in which case do as Alexstrasza has advised and tell Avast that it should be "whitelisted").
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Now it was updating FC Monitor, and I don't actually know what FC Monitor is and if my PC is using it or not. How can I find it out? 

As I wrote already, I would prefere, that if I will use wyUpdate at all, it shall ask me before doing any updates. But I didn't install it, I think it came with a google chrome update, and it is doing all alone, there are no options for settings, I searched in the internet and found, there are some settings possible to make in C+. I have not learned how to do that. I read in the internet, that wyUpdate is updating various programs, but really I am not so experienced in computers, and don't know what is good for me to do now. The fact is, as soon as I open my laptop, then it tries to update FC Monitor, and when it is trying to install and uninstall files, my antivirus blockes the process, that is happening again and again,. 

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

What does FC Monitor claim to do? Can you find their website (most programs have a "More info" or "about" thing somewhere in them which gives the developers URL) and see what they say the program does? Please tell us what operating system you are using, what sort of hardware you have and give us a list of all the programs installed (according to the "programs and features" list under control panel).
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

I cannot find FC Monitor in the internet, only a french version, but I don't speak french. I also searched for it in my computer in C: with explorer, also there I cannot find it. 

I have Windows 7, an HP laptop, 2GB RAM, what more do you want to know about the hardware? 

I made screenshots of the programs installed, how can I show them here?

Edited by Lilavati, 09 January 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#7 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

I found by checking the startup database, that datamngr is an undesireable program. So I want to cmpletely remove it from my computer. It is not in the program uninstall list, with explorer I found that name only in Users/...../Appdata/Locallow folder. Please explain me, how to completely uninstall that, if that is necessary.

I run my antivirus and antimalware programs, but it is not telling it to be a virus or malware.

#8 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

I found freecoins in the startup list and unticked it, now the automatic update after start stopped. But I'd like to remove it from my computer, and don't know how. Can someone please give me advice?

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Hello Lilavati
I am quite sure these will remove for you.

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions. 

This is the log file of AdwCleaner.exe: 

# AdwCleaner v4.107 - Report created 13/01/2015 at 22:23:17

# Updated 07/01/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-01-13.2 [Live]
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Radha Madhava ju - NILAMANI-HP
# Running from : D:\Radha Madhava ju files\Documents\setup-files\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

Service Deleted : Change Modem Device Service

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\IBUpdaterService
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\iLivid
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Moozy
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\BrowserCompanion
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\iLivid
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Moozy
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Local\Ilivid Player
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Local\Linkury
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Local\PackageAware
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\LocalLow\bbrs_002.tb
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\LocalLow\DataMngr
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\LocalLow\searchquband
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\LocalLow\Searchqutoolbar
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Roaming\searchquband
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Roaming\Searchqutoolbar
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Local\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Local\Ilivid Player
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Local\SearchProtect
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\LocalLow\searchquband
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\jbolfgndggfhhpbnkgnpjkfhinclbigj
File Deleted : C:\windows\SysWOW64\ChgService.exe
File Deleted : C:\windows\System32\ChgService.exe
File Deleted : C:\Users\Radha Madhava ju\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Moozy.lnk

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\jbolfgndggfhhpbnkgnpjkfhinclbigj
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\ilividsetupv1.exe
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ilivid
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Prod.cap
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{BDB69379-802F-4EAF-B541-F8DE92DD98DB}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9D717F81-9148-4F12-8568-69135F087DB0}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{99079A25-328F-4BD4-BE04-00955ACAA0A7}]
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\filescout
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\ilivid
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\IM
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\searchqutoolbar
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Babylon
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\ilivid
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{8D15E1B2-D2B7-4A17-B44B-D2DDE5981406}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ilivid
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features\2B1E51D87B2D71A44BB42DDD5E894160
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\2B1E51D87B2D71A44BB42DDD5E894160
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\2B1E51D87B2D71A44BB42DDD5E894160

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v31.0 (x86 en-US)

[yup00iex.default\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "hxxp://www.searchqu.com/406");
[yup00iex.default\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("extensions.wrc.SearchRules.ask.com.style", ".WRCN {display:none} #yui-main .tsrc_vnru .title + .WRCN, #yui-main #teoma-results .title + .WRCN {display:inline !important; background: url(\"I[...]
[yup00iex.default\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("extensions.wrc.SearchRules.ask.com.url", "^hxxp(s)?\\:\\/\\/(.+\\.)?ask\\.com\\/.*");
[yup00iex.default\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("keyword.URL", "hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ffb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q=");

-\\ Google Chrome v41.0.2267.0

[C:\Users\nilamani\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] - Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://www.plusnetwork.com/?q={searchTerms}&sp=chv

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [6093 octets] - [13/01/2015 22:15:31]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [5783 octets] - [13/01/2015 22:23:17]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [5843 octets] ##########

This is the log of JRT: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.4.1 (12.28.2014:1)
Ran by Radha Madhava ju on 14-01-2015 at 21:22:42.21

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on 14-01-2015 at 21:30:48.86
End of JRT log

But in this JRT log I cannot see any details what has been deleted. Further I had turned off my Avast Antivirus during the process, and now when I wanted to turn it on again, it had disappeared. Is it possible, that JRT has deleted my Avast Antivirus? 

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,270 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

That would be odd.. Reboot the machine and see.. Skip JRT and do ESET.

After Reboot and no AV

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Edited by boopme, 14 January 2015 - 02:54 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

I had found the Avast Antivirus in the program files folder, it is working. Just the icon had disappeared. Now it is there again. But strange, that Avast is not in the programs list. Now it is again running normally. 

I have run JRT already last time and posted the log. What is ESET? Where can I find it? What means AV? Is it still necessary to run the Farbar Service Scanner, now that I found Avast again?

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,270 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

OOps thought I posted it.

ESET.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

#14 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

I did the ESET scan, it took more than 2 hours. Then I saw that it had deleted also components of programs which I am using. There was an option to recover items from the quarantine. But because I was late and did not have time to do it immediately, I thought to do it later, and shut down the computer. But now I don't know where I can find these files. Can you please help me? 

Unfortunately in your instructions on how to use ESET you had not mentioned how to save files which I want to keep from being deleted, as you had done in a note on how to use the AdwCleaner. 

Is there still a way how to recover my files?

#15 Lilavati

Lilavati
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

I found the folder now, with the quarantine files, it is in C:/Program files 86. How can I restore them now, please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users