Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hardrive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

my friend has an acer laptoit was not booting etc i suspected hardrive problems,i took out the hardrive and plugged it in externally to my laptop and i was tryin to scan it with seatools for windows but its not finding it, it seems totally dead but theres info on it he wants is there anything else can be done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Go to Search and type in  diskmgmt.msc, then click/tap on diskmgmt.msc under Results.

When the Disk Manager opens see if the drive is shown there.

Can you physically feel the hdd spinning?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

yes i went into diskmanagement the disk isent showing in there,i can hear the hardrive making a clicking sound

#4 uniquote

uniquote

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

I am having the same issue, I have attached the hdd directly and thru an external adaptor. the drive letter shows in computer as a primary and recovery.

the primary has no bar under it to show space avail / used. the recovery does. running any type of program on the primary locks up the computer. none

of the drives show in comp. manger even after a 1 hr wait. I know there are files on the primary. would like to recover them then format the drive if needed.

I can hear the drive spinning.

ty for any help you can offer.

uni.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users