Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook problems. Online but cannot send/rcv emails

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tempsc

tempsc

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

Hello and Happy new Year to you all.

Since the Christmas vacation, I've had a problem with Outlook where it can connect to the internet but can't send or recv emails at all. I've copied the window that comes up wiwhen testing the accounts and hope that someone can assist me in getting back onlne. I expect it'll be a fairly simple fix but its beyond me.

Send test email message. The specified server was found but there was no response from the server. Pls verify that the ;port and SSL info is correct. To access these settimngs close this dialogue thenclick more settings and click n the advanced tab.

Find incoming server (POP3): unable to connect to the incoming server (POP3). Pls verify the server name in the incoming server field. If that information is correct, close tbis dialog, click more settings and verify that the port and SSL information n the advanced tab.

So. On checking that advanced tab.

Outgoing: 465

Incomig: 995

Is the above info sufficient?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

ISP mail? If so, who is your ISP?

If not ISP mail, what email domain is having the issue?

Please do this:

Open up Outlook and attempt to send an email.
If you get an error message when sending post the entire error. If your email name is part of the error, xxx it out but leave the @whereever.com/net, etc.

Next use the RECEIVE function of Outlook (I don't know anything about Outlook but I assume there is one). Once again, if you get an error when doing this post the error message.

Usually the error message and error number if there is one will contain clues as to what the problem is.

#3 tempsc

tempsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hello Your Majesty! :)

Thanks for coming back to me.

Just for info. I use Outlook solely for 4 x gmail accounts. Have attempted sending a further message...without success. The pop up error reports advises....

Reported error (0x800CC0F) The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP.

Does the above help?

Tks

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Thank you for the error number.

Read this and try the suggestions.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

#5 tempsc

tempsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Hi.

Spent ages on this and tried all the suggestions from the link you provided. I have four accts that are set up through Outlook. 3 x of the accts report the error number above. 1 x shows a new error code now 0x80042108.

All getting pretty confusing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users