Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Windows 8!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

I want to install Windows 8.1 on my pc are these specs good enough and everytime i install 8.1 i get the flashy black screen every 1 minute

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HaxM62IZ2hzLJXjpsZAXmNn

Robert James Crawley Klopp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Download and run the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. It's a free utility from Microsoft that will scan your computer's hardware, software, and peripheral devices (make sure they're plugged in) and let you know what is or isn't compatible with the new OS. For items that need your attention, click the More info link. Since your system is already running Windows 7, there shouldn't be any problems with it running Windows 8.1. Usually if something isn't compatible, you just need to update a software driver or two.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

yeah nothing show up negative im fine but im worried that annoying black screen flahing between the desktop and the login screen come back

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Are you attempting a dual boot install or what?

What medium are using to install...flash...DVD...?

Have to ask...Is this a legit purchase of 8.1?

Curious too....why install 8.1....? Did you know that 10 is in the pipeline?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

LEGITIMATE Got Windows on USB and I got the Product key thats weird though because after installing windows 8 when i even formatted my hard drive shows

Boot from either 8.1 or 7 even if I dont have 7 anymore it still shows up

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

Your Speccy report shows Win 7 pro installed. Of course, that could be before formatting....but your text suggests you had installed 8.1 before 

using Speccy.

What happens when you choose to boot to Win 7?

#7 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Yes Ive installed 8.1 before and had this flashing problem now im on Windows 7 because of Windows 8 having problems now i want to go to 8.1 but I want to avoid the flash screen on setup with 8.1 anyway If this works because im going through installation process in a minute then ill tell you but first its time to get Dariks Nuke and Boot out after Ive put windows on a USB stick Ok

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

Sounds like a plan....using DBAN. I'm still a bit curious as to why you are ditching 7...

#9 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Why I Am planning to move to Windows 8.1 is because Im upgrading my new mobo to an more advanced system but ill let you know if it was successful or not? So RobertHD Out! for now

#10 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Starting it right now.

#11 RobertHD

RobertHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

ok so ive installed it 2 hours ago restarted it and no flashing screen

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Good....I'm sure I don't need to remind you...but...get the Windows' updates installed.

If you want to avoid adware from free programs, Ninite hosts many of the more popular ones and they are free of adware.

Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users