Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying Channels Seprately

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LaChica

LaChica

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

I have Direct TV. Can you buy one channel instead of buying a package because I want to buy G4. I need to keep up with the reviews, and some shows are funny (Bonzi)
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

Why stop at just one channel?

Titanium Package

But as a serious answer to your question, i have no idea...

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

Geez...I don't know. Rather than posting this question on a computer related web site where thousands of people can read this and chuckle at the incongruence, why don't you just call their toll free phone number and ask them! :thumbsup:

Direct TV sells package deals only, after you select a package you can add premium channels only. The only exception would be the local channels in your area.

Edited by dc3, 23 June 2006 - 12:59 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

dc3,

Geez...I don't know. Rather than posting this question on a computer related web site where thousands of people can read this and chuckle at the incongruence

The description of this forum is "Are you bored at work or sitting around doing nothing? Then talk to others about whatever you want." So I would say that leaves it pretty open to discuss the topic that was mentioned. So I see the irony, that if there is any incongruousness , it would be your statement.

Be Safe

Da Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

I was referring to Bleeping Computer, not the General Chat. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

LaChica - this simple answer to your question is no.

One cannot buy single channel access in the USA at this time.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 LaChica

LaChica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

that stinks cause I really wanted to see what E3 looked like because they had an hour special of it.
Posted Image

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

Actually it's good thing you can't buy a single channel. Because if Television companies required this, then you'd be paying more a month. Each station would require a certain fee then your Television provider would in turn raise the price and you'd probably end up paying about $2-7 a channel depending on how "popular" it is.

This is what the RIAA is trying to do to iTunes. RIAA wants iTunes to have variables prices for music, because they believe "popular" artists should get paid more. Personally I don't think they should, they all are very talented and deserve the same. However, I do believe though if you want to pay more for a song, iTunes should have a "donate" button via Paypal to pay the artist more. I think the one price fits all of $.99 is an excellent price. When you buy an album you usually pay about $15 for 15 songs. Sometimes if you are lucky there will be 20 songs on a CD you get for $15, or if you are unlucky you only get 8 songs for $14. So .99 is actually a fair deal when it averages out.

Edited by yano, 24 June 2006 - 09:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users