Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

encrypted files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ladia2021

ladia2021

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Help please I am a single mom who is a beginning photographer and I lost all of my files to ransom virus.  I have no pictures of my son printed or my work its all on here, I was distraught my mother took my computer to best buy because we did not know what to do they deleted the virus and put new protection on it but said they could not unencrypt the files but they are still on my computer as jpegs but I can not see them what do I do?  Help please im begging I don't know what to do!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

Hey my friend. :)
Can you tell me the extensions of the encrypted files. Being honest I think you can forget the encrypted files ... you have to be really, really lucky if you can encrypt them.

Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.

Download Mirror #1

If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see here
  • Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.
  • Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)
  • When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.
  • Click Scan to start FRST.
  • When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.
  • Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

#3 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users