Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amazon 1Button App Windows8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 810311

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hi there,

I have Acer laptop that come with pre-installed windows apps. I used Glary Utilities and was able to remove some unnecessary apps. However, after I removed Amazon 1Button App its icon still appears in 'Programs and Feature' but uninstall option is not available, only change or repair. When I try to change or repair, its not allowing saying the source .msi file is not available.

Any suggestions appreciated as to how to remove this amazon feature completely.

Also, any suggestions as how to correctly clean all the 'junk' from Windows 8 would be appreciated too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 UGHcomputers

UGHcomputers

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

I also noticed this.  I keep having this box pop up that reads " script error http;//taky.s3.amazonaws.com/4x0m75d1up1.js" and do I want to keep running scripts on this page.  So obviously I thought this was a problem with the amazon app.  So I thought I could uninstall and reinstall, except I have the problem you are having.  The computer says the source is not available. GRR.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

First, do make sure the program is indeed uninstalled. Instead of Glary, it would have probably been wiser to uninstall Amazon from "Programs and Features" or with a trustworthy uninstaller like Revo.

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type regedit

Press Enter.

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Try looking for the key in there and deleting it.

If you can't find it under that name, it might be under a long string of {numbers}.

#4 810311

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

First, do make sure the program is indeed uninstalled. Instead of Glary, it would have probably been wiser to uninstall Amazon from "Programs and Features" or with a trustworthy uninstaller like Revo.

Thanks ,Phantom010. I was able to remove the leftovers with Revo so it's no longer appears in "Programs and Features".

I still have "Games" and "Shopping" apps and they don't appear under "Programs and Features".  Can you point me to the right direction as to how to get rid of those?

#5 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

I still have "Games" and "Shopping" apps and they don't appear under "Programs and Features".  Can you point me to the right direction as to how to get rid of those?

Where are you seeing them?

They're not appearing in Revo either?

What's your browser? Are you seeing the apps in there, as add-ons or toolbars?

#6 810311

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

I am running Windows 8.1. Those apps pop up when I go Start - Apps by category - Games and also Shopping app. They are not appearing in Revo or Programs and Features. My guess is those are kind of pre-installed apps come as part of Windows.

P.S. I am using Chrome and Firefox - no those apps are not there. Those are just Windows stuff it seems....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users