Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iMovie Disk Space - Can't import video file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatriotAlpha

PatriotAlpha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'm attempting to import a painfully large movie file to iMovie (46 GB), but when I attempt to import it, I receive an error message that reads, "There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space." All of my finalized projects are in iMovie, they take up 96 GBs (I think) but I cannot delete them, they're just there. I have no clue what to do. I've been searching the web for answers and have found none that work. Please, help! :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DarkSinisterKid

DarkSinisterKid

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

Please provide more details.. what's the extension of the file (e.g mp4)? Is it an iMovie project or a video?

-[ Dark§inisterKid ]-

#3 PatriotAlpha

PatriotAlpha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Please provide more details.. what's the extension of the file (e.g mp4)? Is it an iMovie project or a video?

The movie file is .mov

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

iMovie usually imports video files as dv files which are about 13 GB an hour. 

How much disk space is available in the "selected destination"? Is it an external drive or the startup disk?

iMovie has it's own Trash, have you emptied it? 

Which version of iMovie do you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users