Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD device driver missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SmileyTHFK

SmileyTHFK

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

So, my father-in-law gave my son one of his old laptops, but the DVD driver was corrupt or something. I don't remember exactly what that error message was, because I figured I'd just uninstall the driver and reinstall it and that would be that. After all, how hard could it be to find a driver and install it, right? Apparently, it's impossible for the computerly uninclined...

Anyway, I'm looking for the driver for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N ATA Device. And, of course, since I uninstalled the driver, I get this error message; Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Try these steps from Microsoft CD DVD not recognized and let us know if it fixed the problem.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 SmileyTHFK

SmileyTHFK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

Try these steps from Microsoft CD DVD not recognized and let us know if it fixed the problem.

Resolution 1: Clicked Configure a device, got message "There is a problem with the driver for CD-ROM Drive. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem." Clicked Apply this fix. Troubleshooting completed. Result: CD-ROM Drive has a driver problem - Not Fixed

Resolution 2: Microsoft Fix it, issues found "Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized"

Resolution 3: Followed the steps for regedit but did not see UpperFilters or LowerFilters in the right pane.

Resolution 4: IT'S FIXED!!! Thank you!

#4 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Excellent! Thanks for coming back with the results  :thumbup2:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users