Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

purchase template: buying a new laptop that's Photoshop and travel friendly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ruthalia

ruthalia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

My budget for the new computer is: 800

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?
Photoshop (I'm a costume designer so i use it often), Skyping (i travel 6 months or if the year), web browsing, writing, updating my websie

e
What software do you intend on using on the computer? Photoshop

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? I play MMO rpgs such as WoW and Tera, but i have a gaming desktop at home.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
I tend to run more than one at a time, research in one window, Photoshop in another, maybe music in a third

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
Yes, a good bit if photos, but i like to keep my hard drive fairly clean

Will you be overclocking? I don't plan to

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? Miami Fl

How many monitors are you planning to use?
Pine

Do you need peripherals? OS? I can get used to anything

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? I had Sony vaio that i loved, bit it's every was sorely falling apart for the last year. Finally, yesterday, it fell from my bag and the screen was completely decimated.

I really need something light, easy to travel with (nothing big... If i can. I know i might need to compromise for processing), good for skyping home and decent for use with my artwork and updating my website. Ive considered a microsoft surface pro 3, 128 gigs.. But I'm just not sure if i can dish out the money while also saving for a much needed car. I've looked at laptops, and saw a 15.6" 2 in 1 but the giant base and weight wasnt working for me.

Any help would be amazing and much appreciated!

Edited by ruthalia, 11 January 2015 - 01:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

Acer Aspire V3-572G-70TA - It's a very powerful machine that fits your budget. The i7 processor along with the GTX 840M GPU should give ample power for multi tasking and multimedia work.It has  1TB of storage and comparatively less weight.

#3 ruthalia

ruthalia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Thank you for your help! I really like your suggestion and it is within my price range, and its likely what ill go with. I was curiously looking at a similar laptop, the Acer R3 "2 in 1" R3 47IT-54T1, and was wondering if it might be an option, or if it just couldn't stand up to my needs? Its the price that lured me, but i don't want to compromise longevity (I don't favor flip screens though, i had a "tablet pc" years ago and the flipping back and forth of the screen destroyed it over time.)

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

That looks good as well! However for heavy rendering and similar heavy tasks, the inbuilt Intel video card might not be sufficient. Photoshop should run fine though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users