Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hl2.exe Has Encountered A Problem And Has To Close

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gregz

gregz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:36 AM

hi i recently got invaded by a trojan virus and i recovered the pc. all my other programs on reinstallation worked fine except a game called half life 2 and counterstrike. reinstaling does'nt seem to help, and there are no viruses left on my computer either, please help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Modulus

Modulus

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:51 AM

Well Gregz... I don't think this is the place to post this kind of thread (should be in the technical support section), but I'm new here so I'll give it a shot anyway.

First of all, you can't expect anyone to help you without including your system specs, version of windows, details about the error in question and any other pertinent information. Based upon what you've given us, the only advice I can give you is that the virus that was on your HDD corrupted some files on your computer (probably your windows files) and because of that certain applications (like HL) won't run.

Find your Windows CD and try using the repair windows option once it loads... If that doesn't work, I would suggest a fresh install of windows.

Modulus
I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

You may want to reinstall steam.

#4 waigy

waigy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

I had the same problem, re-installed everything, updated all drivers e.t.c. with no change.
Turned out it was zone alarm.
Came offline, closed down zone alarm, works no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users