Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD paging error!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bill343

bill343

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR11 during 

So I have been getting this error a lot on my hard drive. It is dying. I have put a new drive int he machine, imaged it and I slaved this hard drive to the system via USB kit and have tried to recover the data. I get some then it resets. Over and over. Under Windows and Ubuntu. I got much further under Ubuntu than Windows, but it is a slow process. I was thinking I have another hdd that I ordered and I have a HDD duplicator device. Has anyone used a hard drive duplicator to get around an issue like this? I am wondering if it would cause too much stress to the hard drive, and I really do not need the whole drive backed up but it might be the fastest way to go. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

I get some then it resets. Over and over. Under Windows and Ubuntu.

You boot Ubuntu, How? From a live disk? USB.

Once booted you mount the drive and browse to the My Documents folder on the Windows drive, Then copy paste say My pictures, What happens? Do you get any messages?

Be Verbose
When you ask for support you should also include as much information about the problem as possible. Including all of the important details in your first post will greatly speed up the entire support process and allow our volunteers to better assist you. While you may think a particular error message isn't very helpful, it may be the key to resolving your issue. Some details we are looking for would include, but not be limited to:

•     Your distribution's name (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc), version (17, 14.04, 7, etc), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).
  •     Provide relevant information about your physical hardware or installed software.
  •     Share relevant log files, screenshots, detailed error messages, or anything else that could be used to troubleshoot your issue.

[Community Standards] Properly Giving & Receiving GNU/Linux Support

Edited by NickAu, 11 January 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#3 bill343

bill343
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

I boot to Ubuntu on via a Live CD.I Have been able to get some of the data off of the system that way. But the last time I used it earlier today, I started getting booted out of the hard drive and then I could not get back into the User account on the Winddows drive. I got an error message that I didn't have permissions to access the folder. Which is a new one for me, never seen it before. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users