Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything, the search engine for finding files on computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

One great feature in Windows XP was search command for finding file paths or locations for a desired file.  One of the bad features of Windows Vista and 7 is that the search feature works poorly compared how it worked in Windows XP.  

One of the forum tabs is Downloads, and one of the items listed is Everything, the search engine for finding paths for files on ones computer.  Does installing this program make any major changes to the computer system?  Does it affect how a user would normally use the way of searching through the Start Menu's Run... field?  Any difficulties or disadvantages experienced when installing or using this Everything search engine on their computer?

Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

I have been using Search Everything (http://www.voidtools.com/) for years and it is an outstanding utility. It makes no changes to anything, it's simply an 3rd party search tool that returns instantaneous results.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

Allan is correct about Everything Search. I also have been using it for years with no problems.
Enter your search term and a list of the results will be given.
You can then click on an entry to open up the folder the entry is in.

I also use it to find leftover folders and files when I uninstall a program by highlighting the entry in the results, right clicking and choosing delete.

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

I have been using Search Everything (http://www.voidtools.com/) for years and it is an outstanding utility. It makes no changes to anything, it's simply an 3rd party search tool that returns instantaneous results.

Allan is correct about Everything Search. I also have been using it for years with no problems.
Enter your search term and a list of the results will be given.
You can then click on an entry to open up the folder the entry is in.

I also use it to find leftover folders and files when I uninstall a program by highlighting the entry in the results, right clicking and choosing delete.

Ditto.  It's light on resources and searches are lightning fast.

Edited by Union_Thug, 11 January 2015 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users