does anyone know how to remove a security hijack that is effecting my browser and web pages? Thanks, maury
If you list the name of the Hijacker (or name(s) shown), and any other details that may help us, please do this first .
List your Main Internet Browser (I.E. / Chrome / Firefox Etc.) and other details that may help.
Download Screen317 Security Check from Here or Here and save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
- Please Copy/Paste the contents of that document.
Note 1:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to
Note 2. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message, (or similar) restart computer and Security Check should run
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
- List content of Hosts
- Flush DNS
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Please download RKill by Grinler to your desktop
- If you have an old version, please delete it first
- Right click on the new Red icon and select Run as Administrator
- A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
- This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
- Please Copy and Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode from Here or Here and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
- **Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.**
- To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and try to uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.
Please download JRT - Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
* Temporarily Disable your Antivirus now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
* Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop ; If you already have a current version installed, Please update it
- Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
- Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
- Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
- If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked to re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
- Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.
Thank You - - - -