Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Wont Start Up (StartupRepairOffline).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phil2

Phil2

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Hi all!

My friend is having issues with her laptop. So because she can't gain access to the internet as she's also having net issuse (unrelated to startup issues) I am posting on her behalf to get an opinion on the problem.

The issue started after her son accidently kicked the laptop. The laptop did initially work again but stopped the next day and now will not fully start but goes into a cycle.

Firstly we get a error screen saying:

Salford-20141231-00466.jpg

If windows is started normally we come back to the same screen again. If we select 'Starup Repair' we get a start up repair screen which then brings up this:

Salford-20141231-00459.jpg

Salford-20141231-00460.jpg

We then get the message that "Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot deternime the cause of the problem." (See below):

Salford-20141231-00462.jpg

The laptop then asks us to choose a system recovery option:

Salford-20141231-00464.jpg

Despite what we choose or what tests we run we end up going back to the start again and going around in circles.

I personally haven't tried command prompts but my friend did but didn't get far as she lost internet access.

I could do a full reinstall or format, but my friend has some very important documents and pictures of family she wants to save. Is there any advice anyone can give me? Is the problem fixable?

I opened the base of the laptop to make sure the HDD and the RAM were fully secure and they seemed to be fully secured.

I've also tried 'Safemode' to see if the issue was a recent hardware or software problem but it will not load.

Thanks for all help and advice! :)

- Phil

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2015 - 12:15 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 heavydude

heavydude

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

I went through the same thing and finally gave up, formatted the drive and reinstalled the OS. I wasn't concerned about losing stuff because what I had on the laptop were duplicates of stuff I had on my main computer.

It looks like there may be a way to copy the data files to a USB stick, using the Command Prompt, if the files are still accessible.

Check out the following link. Looks promising.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-to-access-external-usb-drive-from-a-windows-7/7523c250-46c3-49d6-b54a-a051ab28da2a

#3 Phil2

Phil2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

"It looks like there may be a way to copy the data files to a USB stick, using the Command Prompt, if the files are still accessible.

Check out the following link. Looks promising."

Thanks for your advice heavydude! :)

The thing is we can't get windows to start properly to use command prompt. We've tried loading it in safemode to to see if we could do it there and it wont load. Just keeps going around in a start-up cycle. However I've passed the info along anyway, just in case there's any joy in loading! :)

Thanks,

- Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users