Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium - Internet Explorer 11 works for one user only

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chill300

chill300

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Lenovo Laptop with two users; my son and myself. His Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) works fine. A couple of weeks ago my IE 11 starting non-responding often and running slow. A Microsoft technician told me that my user profile for IE 11 was corrupt, but my son's was fine.

His solution: When I click on Internet Explorer, it brings up a blue box asking me to accept a Microsoft application and click okay.

If I go directly to an Internet website without the blue box, the website shows non-responding and long script errors.

Something else is going on because the following problems occur:

1. Rejection of correct website passwords - unable to logon and "forget password" function not

working. Example- www.kroger.com. Called help line and they sent me a forget password email;  

still could not log on to website.

2. Unable to upload files - could not finish an employment application because unable to upload      

resume in any file format - kept receiving error message "Error while uploading file. Could not

prepare upload browse request - Parameters missing.”

3. Websites including Google slow to open.

4.  Autoruns - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components -

File not found start

As stated earlier, IE 11 seems to work fine on my son Matthew's user profile. It is an inconvenience

because I need to keep switching back and forth since he does not have Outlook email - I pay for yahoo.com

On other forums, I have seen the suggestion of creating a new profile and moving files over to it.

Other users stated problems with this method. I am most concerned about losing all my email.

if it is a corrupted user profile, can it fixed so the above-mentioned problems disappear?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you very much.

cathy300

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

Fix a corrupted user profile, Win 7 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

#3 dgarrison4345

dgarrison4345

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

I just worked on a computer where I removed some viruses and a lot of Malware. When I gave the computer back to the customer, he said his internet didn't work. I asked if he tried both profiles. After attempting with the second profile, it worked. But logging back into his profile, he could no longer connect to the internet. I am going to try the above solution and see if that resolves the problem. Thanks for the ideas!

Also, I had a computer that had this issue, but there was only one profile on the computer. I didn't know about this solution at the time, but after troubleshooting, I ended up using the "Norton Removal Tool" and that fixed the problem on that computer. I wonder now if creating a new user profile would have worked.

Edited by dgarrison4345, 13 January 2015 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users