Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet still won't install to SD card.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flickdog93

flickdog93

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

My grandma's Android tablet (Nextbook running 4.1.1) can barely hold anything so I decided to mount an 8GB SD card in it. This, to my dismay, did not fix the problem. I then put it into debugging mode and set the default install location to 2(external) which from what I've been able to find and read told me it was the SD card. However, it's as if I had never made those changes because no matter which default install location is selected it still will not let me install straight to the SD card.

I assumed that "Install to SD card" would mean that the install file would go there, then the app would install, and lastly the app's install file would be deleted. I may be mistaken, but it seems that it keeps on trying to download the install file to either the onboard storage or the NAND memory.

If there's something I didn't do please tell what to try. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Can't say if this will help, but try using an app manager. On my Android devices I use AppMgr3 (tablet) & App2SDcard (phone). The app will let you know what apps can (and can't) be moved and will notify you when a movable app is installed; then automate the process of moving the app to SD card.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users