Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

user-friendly, GUI, easy programming program?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hi.

My name is Pjotr. I'm 27 years of age, male, from Ukraine (it's at Eastern Europe).

My interests here, at BC, is to share PC-use knowledge and help others.

I know few programs, that are okay on the use, but their GUI are crap / or an old style.

..I question:
Is there an easy to use (like Mozy, for file backups), user-friendly programming software out there?

..for:

a. to make a calculator, with any graphical designs.

b. to make a game pre-launch window.

c. to change, for example, Firefox web-browser window design.

d. to create several Windows XP themes, incl. different button shapes/sizes.

e. to make arrangements at program's settings: modify menus, checkboxes and option lines, their grouping and quantity.

Also.....
f. to pick a program engine, and then place GUI, options and all the rests. Developing from A point.
..it could be a registry cleaner, for example. Like, 5 different registry cleaners / or defragmentors. :)

..a modification could be done to a Revo Uninstaller; the program could get more of Ashampoo style, they do good.

So yeah, waiting on your tips and help.
..Happy new 2015 year!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iangcarroll

iangcarroll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

It's not easy to modify existing programs. You can look into Visual Studio and C# if you want to build your own apps. Creating the interface is fairly easy at least. Haven't dealt with desktop apps much though.

Ian Carroll https://ian.sh • Certly Inc

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 jf3000

jf3000

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

I agree with the above user. Visual Studio is probably your best bet since from a visual gui stance you can see what you're placing on the gui then all you need to do is double click each of the items e.g. the search box, the browser window, the buttons etc and add the code. Visual Studio offers a lot of different applications under the hood to create.

#4 OpenSourcerer

OpenSourcerer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Visual Studio is a great, as the above users said. Or, if you prefer open source I reccomend Shark Develop, you can even use a portable version and put it on a flash drive of external harddrive and carry it around with you and use on other machines.

#5 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

Visual Studio is the absolute best when it comes to being easy to figure out. Check out these express versions for free

There are also tons of resources out there but you should check out the
MSDN developer code samples page as well as the MSDN Visual Basic and Visual C# page for an overview of general knowledge.

Edited by ChiefTech, 18 February 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#6 Taikoh

Taikoh

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

I've also got to throw in my vote for Visual Studio. Personally, I was too stupid to figure out how to get a GUI working with VS, so I ended up using Qt to run the GUI. I found VS to be really freaking good at working with the Win32 API programmatically (naturally), but if you're looking for a really good open source GUI, Qt may be worth a try.

Then again, Qt is one of the only GUI creation programs that I've used, so I can't say too much about recommending a GUI creation tool--most of my C++ programs are CLI-based. Definitely go with VS as a first choice for a programming base though, you won't be disappointed.  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users