Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adapting MK9 to Windows XP (on directx 9)?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi.....

So there's one brilliant game - Mortal Kombat 9 / Komplete for PC. It runs on DirectX 10 and is made for Windows 7, and up.
My interest is:
can it be adapted to play on DirectX 9 on Windows XP operating system?... if it's possible, ha?

If there are some kinds of patches, or so. Post your links.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

You can do backwards compability (i.e. playing Windows XP games on Windows 7 and up) but forwards compability like you said seems impossible.

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

You should know this - a DirectX question / global issue. People with Windows XP (Windows XP supports only DirectX 9.0c) are not capable of playing games for Windows 7, that is of DirectX 10; all there super-modern games like Assassin's Creed - you cannot launch them on Windows XP old operating system. :)

..it's time to remember all that. :)

I shall get myself Windows 7 AS SOON AS IT IS POSSIBLE.

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

..otherwise, I was reminding "downgrades". It's when something is reduced, in software manner, to run it quicker and/or smoother, or for debug.

Edited by rhino1366, 10 January 2015 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users