Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bullet has background highlighting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

I was highlighting a word in Word and then when I created a bullet for the next sentence, the bullet also was highlighted in the background with the same color. I don't want my bullets highlighted but I can't go to the highlight tool and click off the background highlighting because Word won't let me put the cursor over the bullet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

Select the whole line containing the bullet and click off the highlight. Then select just the text you want highlighted, and reapply the highlight.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

I tried that and I can get the line to remove the highlighting but the bullet remains highlighted. I also highlighted the whole paragraph then removed the highlighting but when I tried to highlight a section of that paragraph again, the bullet that started the paragraph became highlighted again.

I should have mentioned I'm using Word 2007. I tried to copy the text here but the bullet with the highlighting wouldn't copy. I then tried to send a print screen but got an error message that I couldn't send a message with that extension to this forum.

Edited by godzilla1347, 10 January 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#4 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

I got it to work by removing the highlighting, removing the bullet then re-highlighting the section I needed in the paragraph then adding the bullet. I would think there's an easier solution but this seemed to work.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

:thumbup2:

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Hi Godzilla. 

I think it will also work without removing the highlighting first and the adding it back. I recreated what was happening for you, then placed my cursor at beginning of line (kept the highlighting on the word), backspaced to line above, then pressed enter. 

It then added the new bullet and kept the highlighted word (without the bullet appearing highlighted too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users