Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad acting up: Dell Inspiron 5000 series

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 windows8newb

windows8newb

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

I used to have a lot of problems with the touchpad intermittently freezing; it then worked well for a while but is now misbehaving oddly.

The right and left buttons on the touchpad work normally, but instead of moving the cursor, trying to use the main part of the touchpad scrolls the screen up and down instead.  A USB mouse connected works normally.

It started yesterday.  Only thing I did was run AdwCleaner and delete a registry key it found (I think I had downloaded adware on mistake so I was cleaning it).  It started this behavior a little while later.

ScrollLock doesn't seem to be on and I have tried disabling and re-enabling the touchpad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windows8newb

windows8newb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

This was solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users